Monday, October 17, 2016

Diabelli Project 130 - Duet for Violin and Percussion, Mvt. 1

The Diabelli Project is about offering my weekly flash-composition sketches freely to all. Like Antonio Diabelli's theme, these sketches aren't great music. But perhaps (as in Diabelli's case) there's a Beethoven out there who can do great things with them.

This week I decided to stretch the goals of the Diabelli Project a bit. It's still a 10-minute flash composition piece. But rather than have each week's project be a stand-alone sketch, I'm going to see if I can think in larger terms. This week is the first movement of a duet for violin and percussion.

Next week, I'll tackle a slow second movement, and the week after that, a brisk finale. Should be fun!



As always, you can use any or all of the posted Diabelli Project sketches as you wish for free. Just be sure to share the results. I'm always curious to see what direction someone else can take this material.

The Duet for Violin and Percussion:
Movement 1 - Allegro
Movement 2 - Adagio
Movement 3 - Vivace
Movement 4 - Adagio

No comments:

Post a Comment