Friday, June 16, 2017

Line Mar Match Box Construction 055 - Grinder

I found a Line Mar Match Box Construction Set from the 1930s, complete and with instructions. The box claimed the set made 100 different toys. I decided to test that claim -- one toy at a time. You can read all the posts for the Line Mar construction project at 100 Toys.

055. Grinder

This week's build wasn't especially difficult, but it took me a while to figure out how to build it. The grinder itself is a series of alternating wooden discs and fiberboard washers.

I had initially had the long dowel that connects the two posts centered. I quickly discovered that I couldn't get the crank assembly to clear the base that way. So that long dowel is just barely inside the post farthest from the camera. 

And no, I didn't see if it turned. Those dowels holding the posts in place weren't all that stable. 


No comments:

Post a Comment