Friday, October 06, 2017

Line Mar Match Box Construction 068 - Hoist

I found a Line Mar Match Box Construction Set from the 1930s, complete and with instructions. The box claimed the set made 100 different toys. I decided to test that claim -- one toy at a time. You can read all the posts for the Line Mar construction project at 100 Toys.

068. Hoist

I have to admit I had trains on the brain when I started this project. I had just completed the series of Line Mar train builds. When I looked at this illustration (right), I assumed it was a crossing gate for the train.

Not so. It's a hoist, according to the instruction sheet.

The arm assembly went together pretty much as the illustration showed it. But as you can see in the photo below, the pillars were another story. In order to secure them to the base, the dowels had to go through the top and bottom of the pillars as well as the base.

The shorter dowels were simply too short. So I had to use the taller dowels, which were a little too long for the task.


I still think it looks like a railroad crossing gate, especially the hand-operated ones used in Britain before WWII.

No comments:

Post a Comment